Mikey's Place

A place for keeping a journal. Why? Because it keeps me sane! I used to get rather angry at people for stupid things. Then, I discovered the value of a journal. It works. Here, I'll tell you how and why it works for me.

Name:
Location: Mountain Ash, Wales, United Kingdom

Monday, September 13, 2004

A Few Days Later

It's been a while. Things have been happening at work and at home, but now I'm able to catch up a bit.

This week marks the end of my first full year of keeping a journal every day. I wasn't sure, when I began, if I could keep it going, but I have. I sat down, yesterday, to reflect on the changes I've made over the last year. I'm a totally different person. People have commented on it. At work, I was told that they had "heard rumours" about me. I left the company in 1998 and came back a week after starting my serious journal-keeping last September. Yet, I've been told by those who didn't know the old me that they cannot believe the rumours. And, even those who knew the old me are amazed by the changes.

That's why I keep a journal. It works. It allows me to rant and rave and generally keep calm by letting out my frustrations in private. It's not wrong. It just helps me to control my temper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home