Mikey's Place

A place for keeping a journal. Why? Because it keeps me sane! I used to get rather angry at people for stupid things. Then, I discovered the value of a journal. It works. Here, I'll tell you how and why it works for me.

Name:
Location: Mountain Ash, Wales, United Kingdom

Thursday, September 16, 2004

A Year in the Life of a Journal

I'm celebrating. It was exactly a year ago today that I started keeping a daily journal.

I started it to try to improve my creativity. It has worked. However, the biggest change has been in myself as a person. Within the first few weeks, I became aware of changes happening in myself. I used to have a reputation for my fiery personality. I became aware of a softening in my attitude.

About a week after starting to keep a journal, I had a phone call from an old friend. I had interviewed her about fourteen years ago, gave her a job, and helped train her. She is now Production Manager and wanted to know if, following five years of health problems, did I want a job? I accepted. Many people who had known me before I left the company didn't want me back! Yet, now, after a year of the new me, it's incredible to see the new people, who didn't know me, questioning our colleagues as to whether they are talking about the same person. Even those who knew me are having difficulty believing the change.

Yesterday, I read a blog about a British psychologist claiming that keeping a diary is bad for your health. Based on my own experience, I have to disagree. "Blog on!" is what I say. If it helps you like it's helped me, then you'll be a better person for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home