Mikey's Place

A place for keeping a journal. Why? Because it keeps me sane! I used to get rather angry at people for stupid things. Then, I discovered the value of a journal. It works. Here, I'll tell you how and why it works for me.

Name:
Location: Mountain Ash, Wales, United Kingdom

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Genius or Madness

It is said that there is a very fine line between genius and madness. Well, it seems that I walk zig-zag along it!

Two days ago, things came to a head at work. I managed to create a situation where my superiors had to sort out those who were complaining about my "attitude". Basically, I had given them a realistic estimate of when I would finish a task and they didn't like it.

Anyway, today, I solved a problem we have been trying to tackle since about August.

The trouble is, we tend to see the situation as manic-depression. I think we label people too easily. We need to look beyond their actions and words and try to find the good parts of what they are saying.

It's often worth putting up with mad people, because, when they cross back into genius, they're well worth listening to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home